Please excuse me for that really poor pun that I used in the title of this post. For those who have no idea what I am on about, it’s meant to be a riff on the old K-Tel record label who in the 1970s would release the dodgiest of all compilation records to the music buying public. By substituting my name in the title of the post, it now bears an uncanny resemblence to an all powerful toy conglomerate who use toxic paint! (BTW, if you have to describe a joke it is instantly unfunny!) Anyway, this segue is just a way of me sort of saying that I would like to discuss my musical likes and dislikes.
Anyway, I would just like to list a few of my favourite songs of the moment.
- Shake Your Money Maker – Fleetwood Mac
- Happy – The Rolling Stones
- Shine A Light – The Rolling Stones
- Damn Right I Got The Blues – Buddy Guy
- Mannish Boy – Muddy Waters
- Ain’t That A Lot Of Love – Taj Mahal
- Cry Baby – Janis Joplin
- Mama Kin _ Aerosmith
- Big Ten Inch… Record – Aerosmith
- I Ain’t Drunk – Albert Collins
- Ain’t Superstitious – Jeff Beck Group
- Stay With Me – Faces
- Layla – Derek and the Dominos
- Sunshine of Your Love – Cream
- Whole Lotta Love – Led Zeppelin
As you can pretty much see, my favourite genre of music is 80s pop blues/rock from the late 60s to mid-70s. I think I just like the great guitar songs. Not sure how I got to like these kinds of songs as when I was a kid growing up my folks would listen to embarrassing stuff such as Dolly Parton or Dr Hook.